Several inches of snow fell across the Upper Cumberland on Friday, forcing schools to close all across the region. Scheduled basketball games have also been postponed due to the snow and extremely cold temperatures.
All games involving Upper Cumberland area teams have been postponed for Friday night. Here are the games and proposed makeup dates, if available:
– Clarkrange has postponed their home district game with Red Boiling Springs to Saturday, January 8, starting at 6:00 p.m., according to Lady Buffaloes’ coach and school Athletic Director Lamar Rogers.
– Clay County’s district game at Pickett County has been postponed, according to Bobcats’ coach Joseph Amonett. No make-up date has been announced.
– Cookeville’s home game with White County has been postponed, according to the Lady Cavs’ Twitter page. The Tennessean is reporting the make-up date as Monday, February 7.
– The Cumberland County/Livingston Academy district game has been postponed, according to The Tennessean and the Lady Jets Basketball Twitter page. No make-up date was announced.
– DeKalb County’s district game with Macon County has been postponed with no make-up date having been scheduled as of now, according Lady Tigers’ coach Danny Fish. DeKalb County’s non-district games with Warren County, set for Saturday night, have been postponed, according to Tigers’ coach John Sanders and Pioneers’ coach Chris Sullens. Coach Sullens confirmed the game with DeKalb County has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 3.
– Jackson County’s game at Bledsoe County has been postponed, according to the Jackson County Blue Devil Basketball Facebook page, and confirmed by JCHS AD Jim Brown and boys’ coach Kevin Thomas. No make-up date was announced. Jackson County is scheduled to make up their postponed doubleheader with Gordonsville on Saturday, but a decision will be made later today. That game was originally postponed on December 7.
– Upperman’s district doubleheader at Stone Memorial has been postponed, according to The Crossville Chronicle, and confirmed by Bees’ coach Bobby McWilliams. No make-up date has been announced.
– Van Buren County’s district game at home with Richard Hardy Memorial has been postponed, according to the Richard Hardy Memorial School Facebook page. No make-up date was announced.
– Warren County’s district opener with Franklin County has been postponed until Monday, February 7, according to the Pioneers’ Twitter page and verified by Pioneers’ coach, Chris Sullens. Saturday night’s game with DeKalb County has been postponed and will be made up Thursday, February 3, according to Coach Sullens.
– York Institute’s district opener with Sequatchie County has been postponed until Monday, January 17, according to school AD and boys’ head coach, Rodney Pile.
– Thursday night’s game between Monterey and Smith County was officially canceled, according to the Monterey High School Facebook page. Monterey is scheduled to host Bledsoe County on Saturday, making up a postponed district game from this past Tuesday night.