Louisiana Man Snared In FBI Sting After Sending Explicit Videos To ‘Teen’ Decoy

Louisiana Man Snared In FBI Sting After Sending Explicit Videos To ‘Teen’ Decoy

A New Orleans man who used the alias “Baby Nu” admitted in federal court today that he sent obscene material to someone he believed was a 15-year-old girl.

Acting U.S. Attorney Michael M. Simpson said that Mark Brooks, 35, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Barry W. Ashe for attempting to transfer obscene matter to a minor.

Federal prosecutors said the investigation began earlier this year when Brooks contacted an online profile called “Ava” on or about May 1, 2025. A covert FBI employee operated the account. Even after “Ava” clearly stated she was only 15, Brooks kept engaging in sexually charged text conversations.

Court documents show that Brooks sent multiple sexually explicit videos to the undercover agent during these exchanges. The footage allegedly showed Brooks masturbating at work and inside different rooms of a residence.

The digital interactions escalated on May 13, 2025, when Brooks suggested meeting in person. He asked to meet at a restaurant near his home with the intention of bringing “Ava” back to his residence for sexual acts. The undercover agent agreed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *